Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Greetings from Beijing!


YES! I finally got the access to my blog. Astrill didn't work, so I'm using my friend's Express VPN. I think I want my money back from Astrill! Anyway...
A lot has happened since I blogged last! We left Chicago at noon on Saturday and basically lost a day arriving on Sunday 4pm Beijing time. With the time difference, now I am 14 hours older than what I’m supposed to be!
This is Tuesday night and here’s the list
of places we have gone: A Chinese Acrobat show, The Ming
Tombs, Sacred Way, Tsinghua International School and The National School, kung fu show, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Peking duck dinner, Hu tong neighborhood, Chinese opera. My legs are on the verge of quitting and I’m not sure how I’m going to drag myself tomorrow.
(this was actually Wed. I copy-pasted this from word :)
The image on the right is a poster in one of the schools we visited. It says:

" Master books but do not let them master you. Read to live, not live to read."


Image source: Private Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment